Probably one of the quickest and easiest varieties to grow whilst also one of the tastiest. Radish microgreens are highly recommended for beginners and experienced grower alike and deserves to feature regularly in your trays.
Daikon radish microgreens can be harvested from day 7, or if left until true leaf stage, a bulky substantial crop to add zing to salads soups or sandwiches. Big crunchy peppery leaves and stem make this an all-time favourite variety.
Daikon radish has good levels of vitamins B, C, E and K as well as folic acid, zinc, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and calcium.
Grows well on our hemp or coco mats or in coco soil.
At Grow Sow Greener we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free Organic radish Microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and for the planet.
- Latin name: Raphanus sativus
- Certified organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Soil/coco or grow mats
- Pre soak: 4-6 hrs
- Time to germination: 2-3 days
- Blackout time: 2 days
- Time to harvest: Between 7-10 days
- Colour: Vibrant white stem and lush green leaves
- Flavour: Peppery, mild and fresh
- Texture: Crunchy crisp
- Nutrients: vitamins A,B,C,E,& K, folic acid, iron, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zink, carotones and pantothenic acid
- Health: Improve kidney and urinary function, skin well being, lowers oxidative stress, increases liver health and helps gingivitis
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow radish daikon panzer microgreens with our Microgreen Growing Guide.