Grow Sow Greener's natural Coco Coir Microgreen Growing Mats are an excellent method to keep your greens fresh all year round.
With Coco Coir Grow Mats, microgreens, cress, and cut-and-come-again salads are easily and quickly grown indoors without a mess. Scatter organic microgreen seeds evenly over the surface, keep moist, and you will be harvesting your first greens in as little as 7-14 days. Simple as that! Read our microgreen growing guide for more detailed instructions.
Grow Sow Greener's Coco Grow Mats measure 38 x 25cm. They can also be cut to fit any plate, dish or saucer you may wish to use. Microgreen mats are the perfect way to keep you in nutritious living greens year-round, whilst avoiding plastics, pesticides and the supermarket. All from the comfort of your own home.
Our Coco Coir Mats are lightly woven from 100% coconut fibre and bonded with natural and biodegradable latex. The result is a light and airy structure, ideal for fast and easy root penetration and environment. This gives your young greens the best possible start to life.
Whilst not necessary (or recommended) for our hemp mats, ensure a thin layer of water remains under the mat for best results. The fibres hold water and nutrients well, grow great greens and are 100% natural, biodegradable, sustainable as well as being free of any nasty chemicals or GMOs.
As a bonus, our Coco Coir Mats naturally provide potassium (K2O) at 174mg/l as a plant-available soluble nutrient.
Grow Sow Greener's Coco Grow Mats are substantial at 10mm and will successfully support any microgreen variety*. We don’t offer for sale the thinner 800gsm mats which are available elsewhere.
All microgreen mats are easily cut with kitchen scissors and are 100% natural, biodegradable and compostable. They are the easiest and cleanest method to grow microgreens, cress and cut-and-come-again salads and are of the highest quality. As always, our packaging is 100% recyclable and plastic-free.
* We get better results growing beets, peas and sunflowers on coco soil.
- Measures 38 x 25cm
- Made of natural, sustainable and biodegradable coconut fibres
- Ideal for growing microgreens, cress and cut-and-come-again salads
- Plastic-free product and packaging
- Retains moisture and nutrients
- Open structure means easy root penetration and good oxygenation
- 100% natural, biodegradable and sustainable
- Cleaner to use and harvest than compost or soil
- A sustainable alternative to rockwool, peat moss and polyester/cellulose mats
- Easy to use for high-yielding abundant home harvest