Our organic Alfalfa microgreen seeds are quick and easy to grow, producing vitamin and nutrient-rich microgreens that can be easily incorporated into your daily diet. From smoothies to salads, homegrown alfalfa microgreens offer a versatile, sweet nutty taste and some added crunch. High in vitamins E, C and K, as well as essential minerals like iron, magnesium and potassium, these tiny superfoods can go from germination to your plate in just over one week.
Organic Alfalfa Microgreen seeds by Grow Sow Greener
At Grow Sow Greener, we advocate regenerative and back to the roots gardening practices. As such, our untreated and GMO-free Organic Alfalfa Microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and for the planet.
- Latin name: Medicago Sativa
- Certified organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Grow mats
- Pre soak: No
- Time to germination: 1-3 days
- Blackout time: 2 days
- Time to harvest: 7-11 days
- Colour: White green
- Flavour: Sweet nutty
- Texture: A good crunch
- Nutrients: Bioactive plant compounds include saponins, coumarins, flavonoids, phytosterols, phytoestrogens and alkaloids as well as high levels of vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, copper and manganese.
- Health: Maintains healthy skin and hair, prevents iron deficiency, supports bone health and weight loss, regulates cholesterol levels, detoxifies and aids digestion and a host of others.
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow Alfalfa Microgreens with our Microgreen Growing Guide.