Grow Sow Greener's natural Hemp Fibre Microgreen Growing Mats are by far the simplest and cleanest method to keep your green fresh all year round.
With hemp grow mats, microgreens, cress and cut-and-come-again salads are grown quickly and easily indoors, without the mess. Simply scatter organic microgreen seeds evenly over the surface, keep moist and you will be harvesting your first greens in as little as 7-14 days. Simple as that! Read our microgreen growing guide for more detailed instructions.
Grow Sow Greener's hemp grow mats measure 50 x 25cm and are designed to fit inside standard 1020 seed trays or flats. You can easily cut them to suit any plate, dish or saucer you may wish to use. Arriving as two mats, each measuring 25 x 25cm, they are the perfect way to keep nutritious greens year-round whilst avoiding plastics, pesticides and the supermarket. All from the comfort of your own home.
Sustainably composed of 100% natural fibres derived from the hemp and kenaf plants, these mats are produced without additives, chemicals, binders or GMOs. Their unique composition and open structure allow for easy root penetration and good access to oxygen. Hemp fibres naturally hold up to 1050% of their weight in water, which makes them lower maintenance grow medium than our coco coir mats for the busy home grower.
As a bonus, our Hemp Grow Mats naturally provide phosphate (P205) 104mg/l, potassium (K20) 694mg/l and boron (B) 0.21mg/l as plant-available soluble nutrients.
Grow Sow Greener's Hemp Grow Mats are 1200gsm weight (10mm) and will successfully support any microgreen variety*. We don’t offer for sale the thinner mats available elsewhere.
All microgreen mats are easily cut with kitchen scissors and are 100% natural, biodegradable and compostable. They are the easiest and cleanest method to grow microgreens, cress and cut-and-come-again salads and are of the highest quality. As always, our packaging is 100% recyclable and plastic-free.
* We get better results growing beets, peas and sunflowers on coco soil.
- Measures 50 x 25cm (divided into two mats of 25cm2 to fit 1020 growing tray)
- High-quality 1200gsm mats at 10mm thickness
- Cleaner to use and harvest than compost or soil
- 100% natural, biodegradable and compostable
- A sustainable alternative to rockwool, peat moss and polyester/cellulose mats
- Made from 100% natural fibres
- Great water holding capabilities
- Supports a healthy and robust root system
- Plastic-free product and packaging
- Easy to use for high-yielding abundant homegrown crops