Give these seeds a short pre soak to soften the hulls before sowing in compost or coco coir. We advise against grow mats for this variety! Lightly cover with compost or as some prefer vermiculite to get these beauties going!
Organic Beet Microgreen seeds by Grow Sow Greener
At Grow Sow Greener, we advocate regenerative and back to the roots gardening practices. As such, our untreated and GMO-free Organic Beet Microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials and shipped same or next day as standard.
Urban farmer? Contact us and leave your email and business name and we'll send you a simple to use order form with a time saving automatic invoice generator and great discounts in appreciation of the environmental and social benefits you make by bypassing polluting global food systems and growing locally.
- Latin name: Beta Vulgaris Conditiva
- Certified organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Coco Coir or compost
- Pre soak: 4-8 hours
- Blackout: 6 - 8 days
- Time to germination: 3 - 4 days
- Time to harvest: 11 - 21 days
- Colour: Vivid pink, magenta stems with a green top
- Flavour: Sweet and earthy
- Texture: Crisp but juicy
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E and K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, plant proteins and antioxidants.
- Health: Beets are very high in nutrients and low in calories, they have been studied for their ability to lower elevated levels of blood pressure
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow Beet Microgreens with our Microgreen Growing Guide.