Broccoli Calabrese Microgreen seeds are not to be confused with regular broccoli or broccoli raab. The Broccoli Calabrese variety is more vigorous and better suited to microgreen cultivation. It's also the true standout variety when growing for health.
An excellent support to our immune system, Calabrese has the same amount of vitamin C as lemons and twice that of spinach, as well as calcium, iron and phosphorus. Recent studies claim that Broccoli Calabrese Microgreens contain a high volume of the antioxidant sulforaphane, which helps neutralise cancer-causing substances in the gut, as well as a compound called 13C, that helps boost production of BRCA proteins. These levels are four hundred times higher than those found in the mature vegetable.
Broccoli Calabrese Microgreen have a mild brassica flavour, with a little spice and nice white stems that support a lush green canopy. In soil or on mats, they are fast and easy to grow and are can be enjoyed raw in salads and sandwiches, juiced or as a garnish on your dishes.
Calabrese is a nutritional and healthy powerhouse in their own right and is Grow Sow Greener staple. We highly recommend them.
At Grow Sow Greener, we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free Organic Broccoli Calabrese Microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens, and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and for the planet.
- Latin name: Brassica Oleracea Botrytis Cymosa
- Certified Organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Grow mats
- Pre-soak: No
- Time to germination: 2-3 days
- Blackout time: 2-4 days
- Time to harvest: 7-13 days
- Colour: Thin white stem, sometimes hints of purple and a mild green top
- Flavour: Fresh broccoli or cabbage flavour, however milder than their adult counterparts.
- Texture: Soft
- Nutrients: Calcium, iron and phosphorus, the antioxidant sulforaphane, vitamins A and C
- Health: Cardiovascular health, anti-inflammatory, immunity booster, digestive health, helps prevent cancer, promotes skin brain and respiratory health
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow Broccoli Microgreens with our Microgreen Growing Guide.