Organic buckwheat microgreens are among the easiest to grow and produce sizeable yields of homegrown superfoods. These buckwheat jasmine seeds are a complete protein at 15%, it contains all the amino acids as well as vitamins A, B, C and E and a good amount of fibre. We really love them due to the lemony fresh flavour and pretty stems.
At Grow Sow Greener we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free organic buckwheat microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and for the planet.
- Latin name: Fagopyrum Esculentum
- Certified organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Grow mats or coco/soil
- Pre-soak: 12-24 hours in cold water
- Time to germination: 2-3 days
- Blackout time: 1-2 days
- Time to harvest: 7-15 days
- Colour: Leafy green tops with hints of yellow and reds in the stems
- Flavour: Citrusy, tangy and tarty
- Texture: Fresh, soft
- Nutrients: Great source of calcium, niacin and iron, also contains vitamins A, B complex, D and E. Good source of fibre, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Health: Improves digestion, helps manage diabetes, aids gut, skin and hair health.
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes