Organic Buckwheat Seeds make excellent sprouts and are of exceptional value. They are easy to sprout and produce sizeable yields of homegrown superfoods. Buckwheat Jasmine is a great protein source (a whopping 23g in just one cup!) and contains all the essential amino acids in the right proportions.
Aside from their antioxidant and enzyme load, Sprouted Buckweet Seeds host vitamins A, B, C and E and a good amount of fibre; however, we really love them due to their nutty lemony fresh flavour, which can be snuck into just about anything and, as a relative of the rhubarb plant, it means they're also gluten-free.
At Grow Sow Greener, we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free Organic Buckwheat Microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and the planet.
- Latin name: Fagopyrum esculentum
- Certified Organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Soaking time: 18 hours
- Advised time without light: 4-5 days
- Sprouting time: 6-7 days
- Time to harvest: 9-13 days
- Nutrients: Great source of calcium, niacin and iron, also contains vitamins A, B complex, D and E. Good source of fibre magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Health: Improves digestion, helps manage diabetes, aids skin, gut and hair health.
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes