Sunflower sprouting seeds have got to be one of our favourites. They grow big, meaty substantial crops that have a nice crunch and a pleasant nutty flavour. These seeds are sold with shells on, so they are best sprouted, then grown in compost or coco soil. We use them as a base for most of our salads, and they're an excellent bang for your buck. They are incredibly easy to grow and even make a great stand-alone snack.
Odino Sunflower Sprouting Seeds are well suited to vegans and vegetarians due to high protein levels, omegas, beneficial oils, and fatty acids. They can be enjoyed raw, cooked, juiced, or blended into your favourite smoothies.
The only way to get more pleasure from this outstanding sprout is to throw a handful of seeds into a sunny corner. In the winter, after a lovely summer display, enjoy watching the birds you’ve encouraged into the garden, forage the seed heads you’ve provided. We recommend Odino Organic Sunflower Sprouting Seeds become a staple in your salads!
At Grow Sow Greener, we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free organic sunflower sprouting seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and the planet.
- Latin name: Heliantus annuus
- Certified Organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Soaking time: 4-6 hours
- Advised time without light: 3-4 days
- Sprouting time: 4-5 days
- Time to harvest: 7-12 days
- Nutrients: Good source of calcium and iron, vitamins A, B complex, D and E, as well as fibre magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Health: Improves cholesterol and blood sugar levels, supports bone, skin and hair health, promotes weight loss and manages hypertension.
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes