Sunflower Microgreen Seeds have got to be one of our favourites. They grow big, meaty substantial crops that have a nice crunch and a pleasant nutty flavour. We use them as a base for most of our salads and are an excellent bang for your buck. They are incredibly easy to grow, however, only in coco soil.
Odino Sunflower Microgreen Seeds are well suited to vegans and vegetarians due to high protein levels, omegas, beneficial oils, and fatty acids. They can be enjoyed raw, cooked, juiced or blended into your favourite smoothy. They even make a great stand-alone snack.
The only way to get more pleasure from this outstanding microgreen is to throw a handful of seeds into a sunny corner. After a lovely summer display, and during the hungry winter months, enjoy watching the birds you’ve encouraged into the garden, forage the seed heads you’ve provided. We recommend sunflower microgreens become a staple in your home!
At Grow Sow Greener, we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free organic sunflower microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won’t find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and the planet.
- Latin name: Heliantus annuus
- Certified Organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Coco soil
- Pre-soak: 3-6 hours in cold water
- Time to germination: 2-3 days
- Blackout time: 1-2 days
- Time to harvest: 7-11 days
- Colour: Green stems and leaves
- Flavour: Nutty, fresh and succulent
- Texture: Crunchy, succulent
- Nutrients: Good source of calcium and iron, vitamins A, B complex, D and E, as well as fibre magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Health: Improves cholesterol and blood sugar levels, supports bone, skin and hair health, promotes weight loss and manages hypertension.
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow sunflower microgreens with our Microgreen Growing Guide.