This has to be one of the best varieties of wheatgrass we’ve come across. Organic Wheatgrass Seeds Risiko boasts a superb germination rate, fast uniform growth and wide succulent leaves. Perfect for juicing, they are a Grow Sow Greener favourite and come highly recommended. Risiko grows happily on a microgreen mat or in coco soil, and its health benefits, first recognised 5000 years ago by the Egyptians, need not be advertised.
At Grow Sow Greener, we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free organic wheatgrass microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and the planet.
- Latin name: triticum aestivum
- Certified Organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Grow mats or coco/soil
- Pre-soak: 10 hours
- Time to germination: 2-3 days
- Blackout time: 2 days
- Time to harvest: 7 to 10 days
- Colour: Vibrant green
- Flavour: Sugary sweet with a mildly bitter aftertaste
- Texture: For juicing
- Nutrients: High in antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E. Iron, magnesium and calcium. 17 amino acids and chlorophyll.
- Health: Detoxifying, aids gut and bowel health, regulates blood pressure and reduces acidity in the body. Prevent oxidative stress and cell damage.
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow Risko Wheatgrass Seeds with our Guide to Growing Microgreens.