Mung beans are by far the most popular sprouting seeds in both the East and Western hemispheres. Known by many names this sprout is relished in both sweet and savoury dishes in Chinese, Indian and Filipino cuisines making it a favourite here as part of a dish or a component in a healthy sprout mix or snack.
Our Organic Mung Bean Sprouting Seeds produce sprouts with a great sweet flavour, reminiscent of fresh garden peas and the texture crunchy. Mung beans sprout well in our hemp sprouting bags or in jars with our large diameter mesh lids.
Our organic mung bean sprouting seeds are tested for quality, germination and pathogens so you can get growing at home today. All our packaging is plastic free and biodegradable so are as good the the planet as they are for you.
- Latin name: Vigna Radiata
- Certified organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Soaking time: 8-12 hrs
- Time to harvest: 2-4 days for short, 5-6 for long tail Chinese style.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, D. E, K. High in Amino Acids, antioxidants and fibre and low in calories, and fats. Good levels of potassium, Magnesium, iron zink and Calcium and with 20% protein Mung beans are a great vegan or vegetarian choice!
- Health: May lower bad LDL cholesterol levels and aid digestive health.
- Pathogen/Microbial lab test: Yes