Rocket, otherwise known as Arugula, Rushetta or Rucola, hails from the Mediterranean and earns its place as a microgreen favourite due to its fast and easy growth and its ability to bring any dish life. The flavour is pleasant and peppery, subtle and zingy. Rocket microgreens are extremely versatile as a garnish on a chef’s plate or the hero ingredient in your salad or sandwich. We think that rocket is a must-have to complement the other brassica based microgreen varieties like kale or broccoli. We love it!
Sprinkle rocket microgreen seeds evenly over coco dirt, garden compost, or our hemp or coir grow mats and keep them watered to enjoy this healthy green year-round.
At Grow Sow Greener, we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free organic rocket microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and the planet.
- Latin name: Eruca sativa
- Certified Organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Grow mats or coco/soil
- Pre-soak: No
- Time to germination: 1-2 days
- Blackout time: 1-2 days
- Time to harvest: 6-9 days
- Colour: Pure green on white
- Flavour: Zesty, fresh, peppery with hints of brassica
- Texture: Fresh and crisp
- Nutrients: Contains, amongst other things, vitamins A and C. A good source of calcium, phosphorus and blood-boosting iron
- Health: Supports bone density and muscle regeneration, detoxifier, promotes eye health, aids digestion, immunity and inflammation
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow Rocket Microgreens with our Microgreen Growing Guide.