We believe Kale Red Russian is by far the standout of the Russo-Siberian kales, we love it, and you will too!
Red Russian Kale belongs to the Napus family, which are generally more tender, juicy and sweet than their European "oleracea" cousins. They do, however, pack the same nutritional punch as you would expect. These guys will happily grow all year round, and a blast of frosty air once in a while may actually sweeten them.
Kale microgreens are packed with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6. High levels of calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, chlorophyll, carotene and manganese. Elevated levels of amino acids, trace elements, and antioxidants complement this kales package. A must-have for the health-conscious!
Kale Red Russian seeds will grow equally well as a microgreen, sprout, or as a mature specimen and have great versatility in the kitchen.
At Grow Sow Greener, we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free Organic Kale Microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and the planet.
- Latin name: Brassica napus pabularia
- Certified Organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Grow mats or coco/soil
- Pre soak: No
- Time to germination: 2-4 days
- Blackout time: 3-4 days
- Time to harvest: 9-12 days
- Colour: Hazy tones of pink, purple and sometimes bright red, topped with dark green foliage.
- Flavour: Strong brassica flavour, like broccoli or cabbage; nutty and rich.
- Texture: Crunchy and fresh
- Health benefits and nutrients: Vitamins A, C and K, folic acid, antioxidants, fibre, iron and copper.
- Health: Promotes eye health and wellbeing of the skin, detoxifier, reduces cholesterol and helps manage diabetes, bone health and weight loss.
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow Kale Red Zar Microgreens with our Microgreen Growing Guide.