Kale is well known to be one of the most nutrient-dense superfoods on the planet. In terms of sheer goodness, it's up there with Alfalfa; however, we feel kale is even more versatile. Enjoy Kale Microgreens raw, juiced, or blended into smoothies, or even stir-fried into a hot meal.
Black Tuscan Kale has a rather rich, earthy, and nutty taste whilst still being slightly sweet with that pleasant brassica flavour. Its widely considered the best-tasting kale for microgreens.
Their ease of growth, quick time to harvest and health benefits are only half of our love affair with kale microgreens; they are also visually stunning plants with beautiful green tones.
Black Kale boasts a healthy carpet of green, packed with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6. High levels of Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Phosphorus, Chlorophyll, Carotene and Manganese. Elevated levels of Amino Acids, Trace Elements, and Antioxidants complement this kales package. A must-have for the health-conscious!
At Grow Sow Greener, we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free Organic Kale Microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and the planet.
- Latin name: Brassica oleracea acephala sabellica
- Certified Organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Grow mats or coco/soil
- Pre-soak: No
- Time to germination: 2-4 days
- Blackout time: 3-4 days
- Time to harvest: 10-12 days
- Colour: A dark green top with vibrant white stems
- Flavour: Nutty, mild and slightly sweet.
- Texture: Tender
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, K, C, B6, calcium, riboflavin, copper, thiamine, potassium, iron and folate.
- Health: Promotes eye health and wellbeing of the skin, detoxifier, reduces cholesterol and helps manage diabetes, bone health and weight loss.
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow Kale Microgreens with our Microgreen Growing Guide.