Coco coir pith - or coco peat as it's sometimes misleadingly known - is a fantastic multipurpose growing media made from coconut husks. In fact, coco fibre and water make up the bulk of the store-bought bags of compost today. To save your back and reduce plastic, you can mix perlite, vermiculite and organic fertiliser to create your own. Or simply drop a disc into your pot and add seed once expanded!
Our coco coir discs are a mixture of a corky cellular material and short fibres. Millions of tiny natural sponges which closely resembles peat moss have been simply dried and compressed to make life easier and shipping cheaper. Add water and they expand back to their original size. Simple, transportable and an incredibly good environment for the root zone.
These discs are ideal for cuttings and seed germination or for making your very own compost in the garden.
- 100% organic
- Free from soil-borne pathogens and weeds
- Great aeration and drainage to the root zone
- Highly absorbent - holds 7-8 times its volume in water (no wetting agents required)
- Great potting medium for plants
- Contains natural rooting hormones
- 100% natural, sustainable and biodegradable
- Ideal for those who struggle with heavy compost bags
- plastic-free product and packaging