Fenugreek has long been used in Ayurvedic and traditional eastern medicine and makes up the bulk of the curry spice. It was used as an expectorant, digestive and antiviral. Fenugreek microgreens reportedly help against menstrual and menopausal problems and are useful in breast health in women. It also helps as a cleaner purifier of the kidneys and liver.
We included fenugreek microgreen seeds in our catalogue due to its unique, tart and slightly bitter taste, reminiscent of curry, which you will notice in a good way! Use Fenugreek Microgreens as a special addition to salads, a garnish, or Asian or Indian cuisine; however, please avoid during pregnancy.
It contains all the essential amino acids, plant hormones, saponins, and essential oils you would expect from this super nutritious herb.
At Grow Sow Greener, we believe in going back to the roots with regenerative gardening practices. Our untreated and GMO-free Organic Fenugreek Microgreen seeds are laboratory tested for pathogens and packaged in 100% recyclable, biodegradable and plastic-free materials. You won't find kraft lined plastic pouches here. Great for you, your family and the planet.
- Latin name: Trigonella foenum graecum
- Certified Organic: Yes
- Treated seeds: No
- Preferred growing medium: Grow mats or coco/soil
- Pre-soak: 4-6 hours
- Time to germination: 2-3 days
- Blackout time: 2-4 days
- Time to harvest: 7-12 days
- Colour: A pale green stem with hints of yellow rising to shiny, thick deep green leaves.
- Flavour: Fresh and sweet, powerful with a hint of bitterness at the end.
- Texture: Tender, soft and succulent
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, E & K. Folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese and selenium.
- Health: Supports breastfeeding, boosts testosterone, ameliorates menstrual pain and cramping, prevents weight gain, and improves skin health.
- Pathogen/microbial lab test: Yes
Learn how to grow Fenugreek Microgreens with our Microgreen Growing Guide.